SQL injection small question

fortnox007

Hi all,

I thought instead of just simple do all the security stuff automatically, why not see for myself what the it can do.

So I made a simple table besides the other tables named delete_me,  made a form and started testing. But for some reason I can get that table to drop.

this is what i did on the front end with help from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection

in all 3 fields (firstname, lastname email) put a value and in the last one i put:

but nothing happend.

if someone knows what i am doing wrong please tell me because I think it's vital in order to protect yourself one needs to know what he or she is up against.

Hi all,

I thought instead of just simple do all the security stuff automatically, why not see for myself what the it can do.

So I made a simple table besides the other tables named delete_me,  made a form and started testing. But for some reason I can get that table to drop.

this is what i did on the front end with help from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection

in all 3 fields (firstname, lastname email) put a value and in the last one i put:

but nothing happend.

if someone knows what i am doing wrong please tell me because I think it's vital in order to protect yourself one needs to know what he or she is up against.

Oh i wasn't able to edit the stuff I wrote before this, suddenly the site was afk. IF i caused it sorry, i was allready sweating. If someone want to see what i put in I can make an image and post it elsewhere. not sure if what i posted caused any trouble. :shrug:

I have this normal query:

$query = "INSERT INTO email_list (first_name, last_name, email)".
                "VALUES('$_firstname', '$_lastname', '$_email')";

I just read mysql doesnt allow ; to add multiple query's so i am pretty sure you can't do drop table. Atleast i just ried everything and i can't.

Also i tried to add fields or something to the query, but everything get's pushed into VALUES ().

I really can't see what damage can be done . It was fun trying though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.