Switch problem

laradam

Hi,

I am trying to use switch to select from different options, but i only am able to get the == value displayed and never the != value:

switch ($judgement){
    case $a == $b:
        echo Same  <br>"; break; 
case $c != $d:
        echo "Different  <br>"; break;  } 

What am i doing wrong please?

Thank you. Can you give me a generic example please? I have trawled the web for days and that is as far as i got.

Basically what i am trying to do is compare database values, with each combination of values giving a different result (5* 6 combinations in all)

You can also switch on the "true" value, then you can used conditionals in the case statements:

<?phpswitch (true) {    case $a == $b:       echo '$a is equal to $b:' . $a . ' == ' . $b . '<br>';       break;    case $c != $d:       echo 'something else';       break;}?>

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.