Run a PHP script in the background while using WAMP server in the local mechine

nayanjyotionline

Hi,

I have a mail script to that will take a long time to process, let me call it form2.php

Now I post from form1.php to form2.php.

I like to run/execute the form2.php in the background so that the user will not wait for the time executing the form2.php.

I have used exec and shell_exec but not success.

I am using latest WAMP server in my local mechine.

Thanks

what kind of data are you processing in the form? unless it's a large amount of data (movies, large files etc) there will be minimal waiting time.

you can use ajax to post the form and then display a loading image and return a response when the server has finished executing the PHP script.

how are you sending these mails? have a look around at some of the mass mailing / bulk emailing classes.

you can set up a cronjob to send the emails at a later time.

there are plenty of mass-mailing articles & resources on the web, google is your friend.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.