Pointers needed :)

NewBean

Hi everybody.

I have this idea and I need some pointers to get started. I am new to php and therefore I have been searching around for the best way to solve my problem.

I want to create a site where you can register your username. Once you have done that, I want you to be able to make a series of choises, for example different colors of your choise. Then I want want those choises to be saved in my database. Next I want my site to be able to compare the choises of two users.

Example: If user one selected blue, red, and yellow, and user two selected blue, red and orange, I want the site to display that their common colors are red and blue.

I know what I ask of is alot, and would therefore be grateful if someone could point me in some direction on where to get started.

Regards

Kristoffer

The specifics of what you are asking (color selection, comparing, etc.) are irrelevant. If you don't have a clue on how to get started I would assume you lack the basic skills needed to start such a project. You will need to learn the basics. I'd suggest finding a tutorial on PHP/MySQL to learn the basics. There are some such tutorials that use a registration/login as the example for the tutorial. Go find one of those and you can use the code you generate from the tutorial as the beginnings of your site.

Then work on adding the additional features. If you get stuck on a specific problem post a question here with a description of what you are trying to solve, what  code you have and what problems errors you are having.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.