Help me remove url encoding on this script

Skyfall

I've been using the following script for a while and annoyingly it uses url encoding on the internal links so it makes for very long links, I contacted the author previously but he was too busy to really tell me how to fix it.

The website for the script is here and the particular version I'm using is this one, using this version for more customisation.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

you posted those two links wrong, to post urls it is

[ url=http://www.whatever.com]link text[/url]

but without the preceding space before url.

as for your problem, i presume the 'long encoded urls' are necessary to point to the correct image - filename, image name etc - this is better for SEO (search engine optimization), another option is to have a database and have images listed by an Image id, so it could be www.yourSite.com/image/3238 with the aid of a .htaccess file, or www.yourSite.com/image/3238.jpg without a .htaccess.

If you don't know how to do either of these I would recommend searching around the web for a gallery which does what you want it to - simpleviewer is a rather simple gallery, all flash based so essentially just one url for all the images. Have a look around, there are plenty of galleries out there

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.