different character sets for widget

zuzacat

Hello everyone,

I have created a widget with php which allows users to put on their webpage and displays some information. To display the widget I am creating a javascript code for users to put on their websites.

The javascript has a source of php page like src="widget.php?id=123" When they put the code on their websites php file is executed and displays some texts which is read from a remote XML file. There is no problem up to this point. But while I am reading from this XML file, the texts which are displayed on users webpage, are not in good format becouse I am converting string texts to ISO_8859-9 charset with "iconc" function.

If the charset of webpage is ISO-8859-9 text are displayed correctly but if it is not, text are not displayed as expected.

In example if the webpage charset is set to UTF-8, characters become unreadable. If I know the charset of webpage I can then convert strings to that charset. But could not find a predifined function thats doing this.

Any idea about this problem ? or any other solutions you advice for this problem ?

Thank you...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.