PHP code too slow for database. Look how slow

tloftis

would Java handle it faster? can PHP be made to handle it as fast? I really need help.

check out my website and search cars for sale, then any distance and then 37919 zip. it takes too long and there are only 3351 cars on there now. before, when it only had about 2200 cars it was really fast. only about a 1000 cars made it slow. what could it be? nabacar.com It was returning results in about 15 seconds or less with 2200 cars. Now it is over a minute with only 1000 cars on it. I will have 150,000 on it when I get this sorted.

http://nabacar.com

some java was written to speed things up, but it didn't seem to help. Is it the server or the code causing this?

what details do you need?  where would I start.  The company that I had develop it are saying I need a faster server.  I am using Justhost for the server.  would a dedicated make it faster? where do I start?  it handled the smaller data fine.

'Profiling' is the key word here. It's the process if finding bottlenecks in your application. Unfortunately it is not an easy task, and if you personally have little experience with programming/database management, it might be aboe your capabilities.

You can ask the company that developed it, what guarantee they give that better server will improve situation (and for how long) and act basing upon this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.