mssql connect to php

newphpcoder

Good day!

I’m here again posting about my problem in the connection of mssql to php.

I have a problem in my connection in mssql to php. I tried my best to fix my problem. Here is some data I could give for better understanding.

I used:

SQL Server 2005 Express

SQL Server Management Studio Express

IIS 6.0

php 5.2.4

I configure my php.ini

I uncommented the following:

cgi.force_redirect =  0

doc_root = “C:\Inetpub\wwwroot”

extension=php_mssql.dll

mssql.secure_connection = On

I change my ntwdlib.dll version from 2000.2.8.0 to 2000.80.194.0 because I found out that my older version of ntwdblib.dll was not work in sql server 2005 so I search for a ntwdblib.dll version that work on sql server 2005. So I deleted the old version and I put the new version of ntwdblib.dll in Windows/System32, php folder, and in php/ext folder.

And this is my information in my SQL Server:

Server Type: Database Engine

Server name: ISM\SQLEXPRESS

Authentication: Windows Authentication

Username: MR\Administrator ----This username was hiding

Password:    ----Password was hiding

I have a big question in my mind and it is what username and password I could use in php to connect in mssql if the username and password is hiding. I try to use the sa and its password, but I don’t know if it is right. And also I try the MR\Administrator as username and the password is blank, but sad to say still I can’t connect.

Here is my code:

<?php//mssql.secure_connection = On// Need to upload ntwdblib.dll from net$myServer = “ISM\SQLEXPRESS”; // host/instance_name$myUser = “sa”; // username$myPass = “xoxoxo″; // password$myDB = “dbtest”; // database name// connection to the database$dbhandle = mssql_connect($myServer, $myUser, $myPass)or die(“Couldn’t connect to SQL Server on $myServer”);// select a database to work with$selected = mssql_select_db($myDB, $dbhandle)or die(“Couldn’t open database $myDB”);echo “You are connected to the ” . $myDB . ” database on the ” . $myServer . “.”;?>

After I run this code, the result is:

Fatal error:Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\testconn.php on line 11

I don’t know what the problem is and what the configurations I need to do are.

I hope somebody can suggest or help me to fix my problem, because I really need to fix it.

Thank you in advance…

"Call to undefined function mssql_connect()"

You apparently do not have the mssql functions in your version of PHP. It might be there, just not set up in php.ini. I program non-Windows PHP, so I am not the best to answer how to activate mssql functions in Windows PHP. Anyone else?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.