problem deleting a file with unlink()

phpkode

Dear forum

I'm new to this forum and since I'm doing more and more php development, you'll probably going to see me more. 

For now I got this problem and I hope you guys can help me out =(.

I'm building an administartion panel for a website. On this panel the administrator can upload pictures for a gallery. This part works, so normally permissions shouldn't be a problem.

The file names are stored in my mysql database for example "pic2.jpg", "pic2.jpg", ...

Now I got this form to delete pictures from a specific gallery. It deletes from the database but it just wont delete the files. I'm using a local xampp server.

I got the following code:

Code:

$merk = $_POST["MerkLeegMaken"];

$sql = "SELECT * FROM catalogus WHERE merkId=" . $merk;

$resultSet = mysql_query($sql);

while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($query) )

{

$url = "../uploads/" . $row["foto"]; // this url is f.e. "../uploads/picture1.jpg", and I'm currently in "/administrationPanel/form.php

fclose($url);

unlink($url);

}

$sql = "DELETE FROM catalogus WHERE merkId=" . $merk;

mysql_query($sql);

$message = "<p class='success'>Het huidig merk is succesvol leeggemaakt.</p>";

(I got in my root dir the directory /uploads and the directory /administartionPanel, so ../uploads should be correct right?"

I also tried to delete with "c:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/uploads/pic1.jpg" but that didn't work either. But shouldn't "../uploads/pic1.jpg" work anyway, since I use that same url as the source of an Image below the form.

All my different url attempts didn't work. I kept finding the files in my windows explorer =(

Hope someone can help.

www.phpkode.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.