Form email with php unreliable

xcandiottix

I'm constructing a site that has a few different areas in which an email is constructed and sent by php. So far, I've noticed that about 1 in 3 never make it to their destination. Since it would seem that the code is right, could anyone give an explanation as to why this occurs? The site i'm working on is on a godaddy linux with php 5.0. It's a paid account so I don't think they would be limiting the site from creating email. Any ideas?

Here's my code just to make sure that's ok.

$from = $Email;
$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
$headers .= "From: ".$from."\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: ".$from."\r\n";
$spamIP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$to = 'me@email.com';
$subject = "Application Proposal";
$body = 'Suggestion request.';
mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);

Well, the email accounts are separate from the actual server account. So the from may be "no-reply@site.com" which doesn't really exist or might be "admin@site.com" which does exist but i'm not positive its part of the server.... rather a service included with the hosting package but may be hosted somewhere else.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.