PHP Uploads Failing

Viper114

I'm now having a problem with PHP uploads on the test site I'm working on.  There is a special page called "cart_import.php" that directs CSV files selected for uploading to the "files" directory in the same location as the the page mentioned, and from there works on updating the website's front end with the data in the CSV file.  But, when I try and upload the file, the page reports that it's failing to receive the upload entirely.  I've confirmed with the host that the php.ini file does allow uploads, the "files" directory is set to write access and upload size allowed is a little over 2MB.  Is there perhaps another thing I'm missing to allow uploads, something that I haven't found yet with Google?

Oops, sorry, forgot about that.  Originally, without any error tracking showing, it just reports back saying "Upload failed, file not received! ".  When I turned on error tracking, it gives a more specific detail:

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_FILES in D:\wwwroot\blah.com\_root\cart_admin\cart_import.php on line 28

Taking a little snippet of coding in the area mentioned:

if ($action=="upload")

{

if (is_null($HTTP_POST_FILES['upload_file']['size']))

{

print "Upload failed, file not received!";

}else{

I think I may have found something else.  When sifting through the errors, I found this:

Warning: fopen(.//files/) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\wwwroot\blah.com\_root\cart_admin\cart_import.php on line 93

Path Failed to Open

The line in question is:

if ($fh=fopen("./$dirpath$newfile",'r'))

So, instead, maybe it's not pointing to the right path (there's no such thing as .//files/ anywhere), and therefore the files can't go somewhere that doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, if I try and manipulate things to see if it can find the proper path, it still says the path failed to open.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.