coordinates

grlayouts

Hi,

i want to have a map of the us in which in my game people can control and it turns there colour using co ordinates, i know how to get the coordinates from below but i dont know how to set the borders for each country or save the info into a table ie

where                  controlledby

texas                        player1

washington              none

and if it's controlled by the player then changed the colour of the square to there colour ie red?

i hope this makes sense and someone can point me in the right direction

<?
$foo_x=$_POST['foo_x'];
$foo_y=$_POST['foo_y'];
echo "X=$foo_x, Y=$foo_y ";
?>

<form action='' method=post>
<input type="image" alt=' Finding coordinates of an image' src="map.jpg" name="foo" style=cursor:crosshair;/>
</form>

it sounds like you need a quick overview of how to write a Risk-type game?? that's a lot to cover in short-answer format.

I guess you'd first need to split all available areas into individual x/y coordinates. if your game field covers the entire Earth, you'll have to set up a grid system of coordinates for every point on the planet, depending on the resolution (grid size) that you want to work with. Really, this is a huge topic. Do you have any specific questions??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.