PHP script to grab webpage contents

manjunathtumkur

Hi all,

Am new to PHP programming and i need some help

i am writing a script to grab contents of a web page specified.

It is working perfectly for normal websites but for sites needing authentication its failing.

Like for example i want to get all the info from "www.google.com/history" ;even though i am logged in its saying please login again n again.

do i need 2 include cookies in the script.

Please help me n also please provide sample scripts if possible

I'm sure someone can be more help than myself, but what I see happening is that you are logged in through your browser, but php runs on your host/server which is not logged in.  Maybe you can pass the username/password as variables to the page/login area, not sure.  I'm guessing you may need to use some type of session which is beyond my knowledge.

Please can anyone provide code snippet which i can use

I already provided an answer to help you solve this yourself. There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to implement cURL to do what you need. I see no reason to provide a piece of code that may not meet your specific needs requiring many back and forth posts to get it exactly right. If you read (and follow) a tutorial on the subject you will understand exactly what the process does and how to implement it for your specific needs.

http://coderscult.com/php/php-curl/2008/05/20/php-curl-tutorial-and-example/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.