What is the best approach to creating an online dating community

abrahamwinchester

Pretty vague question.

I would at least start with a wish list, eventually turning that into a spec, I would then start registering Issues from the spec into some issue tracking software (preferably one that allows scrum type integration). From there I would start organizing these Issues into priorities / versions then start working on them.

A good way to build a database is to think of it like a pyramid, dating/user profile first  then hobbies relating to that user then friends of  that user etc, that way you can relate any data to that one user anywhere in the database no matter how many tables

..and dont waste time with template building get a decent css one for $20, youll save yourself a month of work

Pretty vague question.

I would at least start with a wish list, eventually turning that into a spec, I would then start registering Issues from the spec into some issue tracking software (preferably one that allows scrum type integration). From there I would start organizing these Issues into priorities / versions then start working on them.

Do you use SCRUM? Are you satisfied with it? Been an improvement since you started using it? Are you a SCRUM-Master? :)

Do you use SCRUM? Are you satisfied with it? Been an improvement since you started using it? Are you a SCRUM-Master?

I work alone mostly so, no. I have been to a few seminars on the topic however and have started using a few of its ideals. For instance I try and use a vague form of story for everything and plan my work into fortnightly sprints of sorts. I'm sure its different when I'm the only one doing it, but yeah, I use parts of it I guess.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.