Directory Control

OldManRiver

All,

I have a script I wrote that works off a local machine directory, scans it for .html files and uploads those to the server.  This works fine in test on my machine with WAMP installed and running localhost, but the activities are for reading/posting the files into my WordPress website and when I move the script to the host, the directory listings are now always the directory on the host machine and I have not figured out how to transfer the directory control back to the local machine.

I captured the local directory setting into a 'tools' table I installed into the host MySQL DB.  I have searched online for a good example of how to do this, both in the PHP libraries and the JavaScript libraries and have not found a good solution yet.

I'm sure there is an example out there, but sure I just do not have the right keywords to find it, so would appreciate a link from anyone who has knowledge on where such a resource might be.

Thanks!

OMR

All,

I solved my problem, more or less.  Since the ISP would not let me use an IP address or URL to access the MySQL DB and since trying to resolve that by putting the code on the ISP hosted site, would not let me get local drive control, I found the XML-RPC tool set, downloaded the 'IXR_Library.php' from:

http://scripts.incutio.com/xmlrpc/

and wrote code to run locally and get my files to the web through XML.

I got the sample with simple code to work, then got it to work with uploading my .html file as a page to WordPress but now getting an error.

But I quess my forum rules I need to open a separate thread on that, so I quess I close this one.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.