Pretty URL problem

unemployment

I'm in the process of building a network for investors and entrepreneurs. When a user logs in, they are directed to profile.php where they can have access to their profile information. If you go into the address bar and type in network.jasonbiondo.com/jasonbiondo you will not be able to view my profile, but if you type in http://network.jasonbiondo.com/profile. ... asonbiondo , you will be able to see my profile. I want to make it cleaner so that you can access profiles by going directly to network.jasonbiondo.com/jasonbiondo . I think my .htaccess file is causing the problem.

I have listed my code below.

.htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./profile.php?u=$1 [NC]

is "profile.php" in your root directory? (or the same folder as the .htaccess file) ? 

try changing ./profile.php  to just profile.php

RewriteRule ^(.+)/?$ profile.php?u=$1

profile.php is in my sub domain directory along with my .htaccess file.  Making your change did not have an effect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.