php shopping cart

co.ador

Need some help on developing the steps below

I am working on a website money collection system that consist of stores affiliating to the website and sales their products in the website as independent stores. But I am not sure how to collect the percentage I will deduct per transaction for the stores. I have elaborated two plans but I don't know is those a good ideas in terms of bringing more store in to the website and have them comfortable by the way the website hold business with their stores owners.

1- I was thinking of collecting all the money of transactions into a single paypal account and then try to pay them weekly or in a monthly basis.

(I am not sure about this first option because I don't know whether the store owners will be thinking to much into it at the time of making a decision to register and to sell their products in the website. I guess they might think whether the website administrator will delivery the money every week, or if the website administrators are going to steal them etc. So this option I don't know if with some changes can be implemented.

2- The second option was to let each store administer each transaction with their credit/debit machine they have at the store and make the transaction right there and then on a monthly or weekly basis the website administrator charge them for the amount of transaction done during that time period in the website.

3- Third option is create a paypal account for each store and at the moment of the transaction to transfer the money to each store account and have the website paypal account deduct its percentage from the transaction and have the store owner paypal account deduct its part.

For healthy business purpose and website grow in terms of acquiring more stores into the website which of those three options would be the best option to choose or if there is another idea even better for business grow and comfortability among stores owner that you guys might have in mind share it.

Is selecting an option relevant to the grow of the website or it is?

co.ador

Is selecting an option relevant to the grow of the website or it is?

Yes, if you suspect the website will grow large then you'll want the payments automated, it will be quite time consuming to send out payments manually... and also opens up the risk of human error. Paypal API allows you to make payments automatically with your script

The other option is to automatically generate invoices and send these to companies, however then you'll need to either monitor the incoming payments or once again set up your payments applications API to monitor incoming transactions etc etc.

Someone else might be able to offer some greater insight, I'm a novice when it comes to automated payments

Thank you joel for the information very valuable. Since a long time I have been looking for the term attach to the description I have written in the first post. The automated payments, automatically generate invoices with paypal API to monitor incoming transactions etc etc.

the question Where should I get more information and how can I refer paypal costumer services and technical support or use the proper terminology so they know what I am talking about. Also if any of you has any valuable information like tutorials or some link that has more details on automatic payments to stores from the website and monitor incoming transactions

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.