Need help how to download file from FTP

bmccruz

Hello!

I'm making a interface in a website do manage files in a ftp hosted on other server.

I'm using the function ftp_get() to download a file but I've tried different aways but I dosent seem do be able to download the file directly from the FTP server do the user the only way it works is if I download the file to the website server first then to the client.

Is there any way that I can download the file directly to the user without have to hosting it permanently on the website server?

Thank you

It can be a lot of things.  The data connection ports might not be open, you might need to switch on/off passive mode, or the client may have ftp blocked altogether.  It's difficult to guess what the problem is.

Can you show your code?  Then we can at least check that it's being called correctly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.