Session/Cockie problem with link

doc1355

On my website, I have links to another website. The problem is, when I clink on the link for the first time, the target website gives me the error "Your session has expired". Then I have two options:

[*]Close that window and click on the link again: this will load the page without any problem.

[*]Refresh the window with the error message, again page loads with no issues.

This is not very convenient for my users. I wonder if there is any way to fix this problem from my end using some coding? Not sure how.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like the website sets a seesion when you visit the site, and later pages (such as the search) require that session to be set, so there's nothing you can do to get a direct link to a search page without getting the session expired error first.

I undrestand the process. But, my question is how can I expire the session from my end? Is there anyway I can expire the session using a URL or script from my website?

The other thought I had was to may be load two windows in a row, first window to load the page and then close automatically, this way it will reset the session, and then the next window opens with the new session.

I'm not sure if any of these are doable and if so, how exactly to do this.

Thank you for your help.

If you really wanted to force it I guess you could open it in a new window using javascript, then refresh the new page instantly so the session has been created.

I found this while doing a quick search, not tested;

var mypopup = window.open('https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/programSearchDispatch.do?method=searchByPgmNbr&pgmNumber=3801166051');
mypopup.location.reload();

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.