Updating MySQL (email)

RON_ron

How can I store data which is in a email to a MySQL db?

Currently I'm receiving all enquirers in to my INBOX. I need a way to upload data which is in the mail direct from my email page to a MySQL  db. is this possible? or what's the best way to approach this?

yes - they are supposed to fill a form online.

If you are suggesting to send the data direct from the ONLINE FORM to the MySQL,

1. I need a way to check the submitted data before adding them to the MySQL.

2. How safe is it to allow the user to directly update a MySQL db?

1. I need a way to check the submitted data before adding them to the MySQL.

Google PHP form validation. Essentially check each submitted value to ensure that it is valid. You'd have to do this either way, whether the form data is taken directly from the form or from an email created via the form.

2. How safe is it to allow the user to directly update a MySQL db?

As safe as you make it. Validation of the field values is the first step, then use mysql_real_escape_string() as necessary to make values ready for the database. Again, if your plan is to automatically insert whatever is in an email, the user is essentially "directly updating" MySQL anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.