PAYPAL IPN Listener

flarestar

I am trying to write a Paypal IPN Listener that will create a confirmation key in the order database I have on the server. Upon completing the order it will then send a email to the buyer with a link to a file upload page with the confirmation code embedding so that when the buyer goes to the upload page it can authenicate based on that code prior to allowing the person to upload a file. I has been a pain and is still not working. Similar to an email confirmation when some one signs up as a user on a site, but using the Paypal order information and the listener to generate the confirmation and authentication. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I am new to PHP and integrating into Paypal. I tried the code from below and modified it by adding code similar to creating an email confirmation code some, but cannot get it to work (I have uploaded the code with changes I have made...I did block out the db infor and replaced the company name and email address in the sample code I have attached.):

http://www.opendb.net/paypal_ipn.php

Honestly, I only need to confirm payment was made successfully and send a code that can be used to authenticate the person before they can upload a file. I have looked at the paypal sample code but cannot figure out how to get it to post the transaction id and then to use that as the authentiation and to generate the email to the buyer.

By the way, I am using a Buy It Now button with a notify_url embedded. It also has several choices the person can choose from and those choices determine the amount they pay.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.