header question

Lucky2710

I currently have a login script in place on my site and to get to certain pages you have to be logged in to get to.

So when a user tries to go to one of those pages and is not logged in it sends them to the login page (which is great)

But on the login page once they login it uses "  header('Location: index.php')    " to automatically send them to the index page logged in.

How can i dynamically see what page they are coming from that way when they login I can send them back to where they where trying to get to to begin with. (like if they click on "Profile" and they are not logged in it sends them to "login" then they login and it currently sends them to "index" I want it to dynamically know to send them back to "profile" instead)

If this doesn't make sense and i will try and explain it better

But if you understand and know how to do this please help

Thanks ahead of time!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.