Removing square shaped hidden characters

zuzacat

Hi all,

In my string I have hidden characters that has a shape of square. When I print the string, it shows questions mark. When I opened it with notepad, it show a square shaped character. I want to remove this character in my strings. I have searched the web. Somebody says its carriage return but i think it is not. Could you please help me with this issue. Thanks alot.

Thank you litebearer,

This function is ok but as our string contains turkish characters, with this function it removes them too.

Repeating the problem,

When I look at database, I see nothing in string but when I copy it to a text editor, I see the hidden char there. Below is the picture that the square hidden character seen.

I am outputting the result with XML, becouse of that hidden character it puts "?" (question mark) for that hidden square like character.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok I found a way I strip all nonalphanumeric characters and allow some of them.

preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9\s\'\"\şıüğçöİŞÜĞÇÖ\.\<>_-]/', '', $string);

But I allow <br><p> tags in my string so I add "<" and ">" but could not add "/" character. May somebody help me to add this slash "/"  character in my regular expression to allow it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.