Simple(?) question: using return in WHILE loop

christophermichael

Due to my home brewed templating system I must use 'return' instead of 'echo' or 'print'.  I have a simple database query and running a while loop where all rows are to "printed" to the browser.  But when I use return only the first row is shown.

Using echo will print out all of the rows as it should but of course it prints the rows outside of where they should in the template.

This may be very simple but I am just starting out.  I tried to use the forum's search to see if this has been answered but the daemon could not 'be reached' and searching on google brings up a ton of non-helpful links.  The solution will be very helpful as I will be doing this A LOT in my scripts for my current project.

Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.