date time problem

corbeeresearch

Hi,

I'm preparing a code for an automated email, but the date time is not working correctly. I wanted to do a cron scheduler that emails people twice a day - 9am and 9pm. 9am sends email about records logged starting 9pm yesterday to 9am, while 9pm sends email about records logged from 9:01am to 9:00pm. The database uses date/time, so I was doing an if statement of date time, but I wasn't getting the result I wanted.

Sometimes the $now time is not within the yesterday 9pm to the 9pm today range. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm sure that it has something to do with the if statement, as the some of the $now time enters the else statement

Here is my code:

<?php
$today = date('Y-m-d 00:00:00');
$nineyesterday = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', mktime(date("H") - (date("H") + 6), date("i") - date("i"), date("s") - date("s"), date("m") , date("d"), date("Y")));
$now = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', mktime(date("H") + 13, date("i"), date("s"), date("m") , date("d"), date("Y")));
$nineam = date('Y-m-d 09:00:00');
$nine30 = date('Y-m-d 09:30:00');
$ninepm = date('Y-m-d 18:00:00');
echo '9pm yesterday: '.$nineyesterday;
echo '<br/>';
echo '9am: '.$nineam;
echo '<br/>';
echo '9pm: '.$ninepm;
echo '<br/>';
echo 'now: '.$now;
echo '<br/>';

if ((strtotime($now) > strtotime($nineyesterday)) and  (strtotime($now) <= strtotime($nineam)))
{
//count the answers by yes or no
echo 'am';

}
elseif ((strtotime($now) > strtotime($nineam)) and  (strtotime($now) <= strtotime($ninepm)))
{
//count the answers by yes or no
echo 'pm';
}
else
{
echo 'error';
}
?>

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.