PHP code to find out model of a mobile phone.

shaileshamb

Dear Members,

I am a PHP developer and desisgning a WAP page for mobiles.I need some php code to find out the model of a mobile phone from where request is coming so that based on that information I can upload the proper CSS for my page.If you can give me some hints as well that would also help me to proceed further.Currently I am able to fetch user-agent of mobile but not able to find out the specific model of mobile.

As I mentioned that I am able to detect the user agent of mobile but I need the model of the mobile. Is there any way to find out the model of the device?

The closest you'll get with php is to have a look within the $_SERVER array and see if anything is in there anywhere.

otherwise, your going to need to prod around client side, PHP can't really help you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.