help with mp3 upload, into a player....

shane85

hey guys

so I have an old mp3 upload script from a previous website of mine and it works fine. However before all it would do is upload the mp3, then from my page I could just link to the db record, have the link, and download the song. What I want to do now is is have a similar player to that of supernova.com - where users can click the songs, it plays through the player and doesnt allow downloads. It still tracks how many plays, requests, etc so can keep a record for charts, etc etc. Now clearly theres alot of javascript involved in something like that - my question is.

a) can something like this be created through php?

b) if I want to create something similar, would javascript be my best bet? It almost seems like a player such as this was done in flash.

c) for my database, im assuming I would create a table

mp3

where I would have my artist_id, song_title, lyrics, plays etc. Sorry this post is very vague but basically im trying to learn how to create something similar to that player.

your working on the same thing I'm working on.

I created a flash uploader and used php to upload the files to the host server.

and it inserts into the database

I then crated a mp3 player using xml to read the data from the mysql database using xml converted into php

my only problem I'm having is uploading script

I can upload any mp3 file but it always over writes the old mp3 file.

I tried using md5 to upload random strings for the mp3 and it did work the files was all getting uploaded and they are all random names 487dfds8f89638989df9s8d8938f

but when they would get injected into the database they always had one string name and it was never matching the file md5 string name..

I haven't found a solution for this yet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.