One question Shared Answers (Issue)

oldhammer

Ok here it is, seems like it is an easy problem but my developers are having some issue with this, I hope you guys can help.

Basic question and answer problem, where I am developing a website that uses Items and questions like " How many of this Item do you need?" the answer seems to simple. Lets say the answer Is "1". The display is given to the Item list and we move on.

Here is the Problem: When selecting Muiltiple Items in the List and they all have the same question associated to each Item: "How Many Items do you need?" the the answer is shared between the Items, Again, sounds simple so far, However, when the USER selects Multiple Items on a list say 30 Items then the Question should only be dispalyed one time, not 30 times, then the answer is shared 30 times. Thats what I have now being displayed on my website, 30 of the same questions over and over again. The USER will get frustrated and leave the site never to return.

Question: How can I get the Question to be displayed only once, but shared between several items on a list?

This is a very serious problem fo my website because I will have not have just one Item on a list but 300 to 400 items, and if I get the answer to the problem I have just wasted 1 year of my life developing something undevelopable (is that a word?). 

Any Help you can give me would greatly be appricated.

Thank you in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.