PHP-test on OpenSuse Linux 11.3 - ugliest errors (garbage code wherever i look)

dilbertone

good day

PHP-test on OpenSuse Linux 11.3 - ugliest errors (garbage code wherever i look) - i get seasick - this is too much to me.  I am willing to throw the computer out of the windows...

Well to begin with the beginning: i am brandnew to PHP on OpenSuse 11.3 i just start with PHP

while running a  first test - this here

<?php
echo date("Y/m/d") . "<br />";
echo date("Y.m.d") . "<br />";
echo date("Y-m-d")
?> 

i get ugly Effekts

see the output

suse-linux:/usr/perl # php learnmecha.php
PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /usr/perl/learnmecha.php on line 2
2010/11/15<br />PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /usr/perl/learnmecha.php on line 3
2010.11.15<br />PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /usr/perl/learnmecha.php on line 4
suse-linux:/usr/perl # 

well - can i say that php runs - but not safe or what is this --

do you have another test - i want to  test if the PHP runs well !?

That's pointing to PERL, not PHP.  But your error messages are PHP.  I don't know why you're getting that ouput.

As for the rest, they are PHP warnings.  You need to set a default timezone in PHP.ini or use date_default_timezone_set to set the timezone. This is exactly what the error message says, so I don't know if this sentence is going to help you at all.

-Dan

Hello Dan,

mille grazie - many thanks to you!

<?php
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);
setlocale(LC_ALL,'de_DE@euro', 'de_DE',  'de', 'ge');
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');
echo date("Y/m/d") . "<br />";
echo date("Y.m.d") . "<br />";
echo date("Y-m-d");
?>

now it is all right!

output:

2010/11/15<br />2010.11.15<br />2010-11-15 suse-linux:/usr/perl # php learnmecha.php
2010/11/15<br />2010.11.15<br />2010-11-15 suse-linux:/usr/perl # 

btw: sure thing - you  are right - the path (and the learnmecha-file-name ) all that points to perl... but i have to do some clean-ups on the machine!

thx again

have a great day!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.