Need help learning

Nishio

Hello everybody, I'm Nishio and I started to program like a month ago, my basic idea was to be able to create websites and to work as a freelancer, I know HTML and CSS from what I can design a simple website, but most of the people who look for freelancers also look for PHP/ASP knowledge, and I know some basics of PHP, like variables, booleans and NULL, constants, arrays, if statement, but I don't know how to acctualy do anything a little more complex with it.

So I guess what I am asking for is a mentor, somebody who would tell and show me how do I connect PHP with web design I already know.

And no I do not have any money, so I am basicly asking for somebody who has nothing to do for 1/2 hours a day and knows PHP.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I posted in a wrong section.

Why don't you do what I did... go to http://www.tizag.com and go through their tutorials.  That should keep you going for quite a while.  Then when you bump into problems (when you try and do something a little more complex) you can post here and get fantastic help.

I would suggest you also get familiar with mysql databases.  PHP and mysql together are really useful.  ;)

This is my suggestion, along with the others above.

Get an idea in your head about a project.  What type of website do you want to do?  Make a fictious league, or  stats site, or a news site, anything that interests you.  Think of what you want it to do, then learn how to do it.  By the time you finish your site, you will have learned a lot.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.