On Error Function Call

objnoob

I'd like to set my own error handler function to clear some session variables, but I do not want to completely replace php's internal error handler message reporting.

Is there any way to mimic the internal error message reporting so I can define my own error handler function.

function myErrorHandler(){
  unset($_SESSION['var']);

// HERE EXECUTE Normal PHP error message reporting

}

Thanks

I don't think you can wrap PHP's default error handler without replicating it in your own code.

I think the closest you can come is to use set_error_handler to define your own error handling function.  Have your custom error handler unset the session vars, call restore_error_handler(), then call trigger_error() using error_get_last() to generate the error string.

Edit: Is there a reason you want to use PHP's default error handler?  If its just to save you the hassle of coding, check out the docs on set_error_handler.  There are some decent implementations in the user comments.

I read the documentation on set_error_handler function, and php docs state:

"It is important to remember that the standard PHP error handler is completely bypassed for the error types specified by error_types unless the callback function returns FALSE."

So, I'll just return false in my custom handler function. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.