$_GET Not Working

savagenoob

I run into this every now and again and wonder if someone knows what I could be doing wrong. Using a simple $ClientID = $_GET['ID']; is not working on a certain page, I can see the ID=193 value in the address field but $ClientID remains an empty variable. I even try $_REQUEST instead, still nothing. I'm puzzled.

Have you tried doing print_r($_GET); to see if there is anything in the array?

What's different with this page and other pages?

It displays Array ( [iD] => 193 )

So its in there? Im still puzzled. It wont pass into a variable using $ClientID = $_GET['ID'];

When I echo $ClientID it is empty.

Show some code.

Are you echo'ing the variable, or using die. Because it won't show if you use die, you have to do something like:

die("ID: " . $ClientID);

Ehhhh.... I was putting the PHP code in a file called client.php and including it using require_once('includes/client.php');, when I just transferred all the code to the originating page it works. Blah. Dont know why, but whatever. Thanks guys.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.