Unknown PHP Error

boblan66

I Am getting along with php better than I was previously. But this 68 year old brain still refuses to learn very fast!

Here is the error I'm receiving when I'm trying to open the db:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/taft65/public_html/memProtest.php on line 197

<?php
                            error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR);
                            $host = "localhost";
                            $dbname="database;"
       Failing ------>$username = "user";
                            $password="drDedf#hj";

I understand you do not need to declare varibles in PHP, Correct? I checked the db to ensure that I'm calling the correct value. NuSpherePhpEd to validate the code. I also check it with DSV PHP Editor. Both come up with the same error. I'm also using MyPhpAdmin to create the database and tables.

I know also to place this calling info in another folder and include it by calling it with a php include statement. I just have it within the code to quickly test it.

Thank you for any assistance.

Bob...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.