minisite / profile site

arandam

i have a php application with user registration.

i have to show each user , and user related pages as a sub-folder

i.e for a user 'cooluser', if he logs-in, it should show www.mysite.com/cooluser/index.php

my problem is, i cannot create a directory for each user, because, in each user there are 30 pages, showing the user profile information

I tried friendly urls, but, it needs to have sub -folder.

the partial content comes from mysql database.

is there any solution/ advise?

ok, i will try explaining again. of course, its at the best interest of getting solution .

1.I have user registration system.

2.the user profile is stored in database.

3. when the user(username=cooluser) logs-in, at www.mysite.com/login.php, he should get a url www.mysite.com/cooluser/index.php or www.mysite.com/cooluser/

4.the user profile has 30 pages of info, all are php files

5.all these user profile pages need to be displayed under www.mysite.com/cooluser/ i.e. www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php,    www.mysite.com/cooluser/printeddocs.php, www.mysite.com/cooluser/focus.php etc

6.if i try url rewrite, its giving me first page www.mysite.com/cooluser and the other pages are displayed as www.mysite.com/gallery.php and so on.

but, i want them to be displayed under www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php and so on.

I did my best to explain, if any pieces are not understood, pl. drop note.

thanks

ok, i will try explaining again. of course, its at the best interest of getting solution .

1.I have user registration system.

2.the user profile is stored in database.

3. when the user(username=cooluser) logs-in, at www.mysite.com/login.php, he should get a url www.mysite.com/cooluser/index.php or www.mysite.com/cooluser/

5.all these user profile pages need to be displayed under www.mysite.com/cooluser/ i.e. www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php,    www.mysite.com/cooluser/printeddocs.php, www.mysite.com/cooluser/focus.php etc

6.if i try url rewrite, its giving me first page www.mysite.com/cooluser and the other pages are displayed as www.mysite.com/gallery.php and so on.

but, i want them to be displayed under www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php and so on.

I did my best to explain, if any pieces are not understood, pl. drop note.

thanks

edited :

another problem is...i have to create a php file 'cooluser' without extention .php, that mean, for each user i have to create such files.

Do these files actually exist? If so, where?

That makes zero sense and completely contradicts itself. What exactly is the problem?

edited :

another problem is...i have to create a php file 'cooluser' without extention .php, that mean, for each user i have to create such files.

Did you even look at the link I posted?

>>>>5.all these user profile pages need to be displayed under www.mysite.com/cooluser/ i.e. www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php,    www.mysite.com/cooluser/printeddocs.php, www.mysite.com/cooluser/focus.php etc

>>>>Do these files actually exist? If so, where?

------yes these files exist in the same directory under www.mysite.com

>>>>6.if i try url rewrite, its giving me first page www.mysite.com/cooluser and the other pages are displayed as www.mysite.com/gallery.php and so on.

>>>>hat makes zero sense and completely contradicts itself. What exactly is the problem?

----the problem is cooluser is not a directory. but, just a php file, where extention is hidden. how can we show the profile related pages under coouser/

like www.mysite.com/cooluser/gallery.php

>>>>Did you even look at the link I posted?

-----I looked at the post, i tried other possibilities and wrote you the result.

I also tried what you wrote in example, but, its not giving the needed result

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.