Prcocessing Time and Pre Processing Time

abhinavsingh89

I am currently working on a research based project and I need to know the processing time and pre- processing time for executing an query through PHP. I have a database which has several thousand values and i am entering a primary key value to fetch a record. Now i need to know the time before executing the query that how much processing time will the query take and then how much time it took to process query. Both will the same but i need to find the time before processing the query. Can anyone help me with that??

For processing time i think i will capture the time before executing the query and after execution, then i will subtract both the times to find out the processing time.. but main thing is i need to find this time before executing the query... so can anyone suggest anything... any help is appreciated...

Thanking You,

Abhinav

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.