Trying to set Webpage Title dynamically

TomTees

I am trying to set the HTML Page Title dynamically, but this code from my book doesn't work...

<title>
			<?php
				// Dynamically set Page Title.
				if (isset($page_title)){
					echo $page_title;
				} else {
					// Default Page Title.
					echo 'Knowledge is Power: And It Pays To Know';
				}
			?>
		</title>

What is wrong with it?

(All I see is the code in the Webpage/Window Title...)

TomTees

Does your webpage end in .php?  i.e. index.php, page.php, etc.?

Is the PHP engine supplied to you?  Are you using a 'free webhosting' website?  If so, what company?

Your code is correct, though I'm not a fan of your formatting (then again we each have our own style).

Does your webpage end in .php?  i.e. index.php, page.php, etc.?

Is the PHP engine supplied to you?  Are you using a 'free webhosting' website?  If so, what company?

Your code is correct, though I'm not a fan of your formatting (then again we each have our own style).

I am using NetBeans on my laptop.

The author said to call the page "header.html"

What is wrong with my formatting?

TomTees

Well, there's your problem.  You need a .php page in order for the php engine to recognize it's a page to be rendered by PHP.  Change the extension from .html to .php and you'll see it in the title.

Maybe your author was/is going to have the header as an include?  i.e. have an index.php page and inside that page do

include('header.php');

or

include_once('header.php');

Well, there's your problem.  You need a .php page in order for the php engine to recognize it's a page to be rendered by PHP.  Change the extension from .html to .php and you'll see it in the title.

Maybe your author was/is going to have the header as an include?  i.e. have an index.php page and inside that page do

include('header.php');

or

include_once('header.php');

Yeah, I figured that out while you guys were responding.  I placed the code in test.php and it ran/looks fine.

The author is indeed making me create a header.html file that will ultimately be included in a php file but I'm not that far in my book yet!  :D

Thanks,

TomTees

P.S.  Feel free to answer this post if you know the answer...

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/php-coding-help/help-setting-up-path-constants/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.