Running PHP offline

TomTees

I am using MAMP on my MacBook and don't understand why MAMP and my code in NetBeans will not run if I am offline?

If I am trying to execute PHP files locally on my laptop, why should MAMP or Apache of NetBEans care if I do not have an Internet connection?!  :shrug:

I wanted to show someone something at work where there is no Internet access, but that won't work as it currently stands.  :(

TomTees

i use MAMP on Mac Pro without internet connection no problem. haven't used netbeans, but don't know why your standalone MAMP web server would need an internet connection to run.

by the way: how do you know MAMP isn't running? Will it not start up? does it show apache/mysql as down?

I am in my motel room right now.

If I disconnect from the Internet (i.e. turn off my Internet Connection), and then fire up MAMP, instead of getting the splash page, I get...

URL: http://localhost/MAMP/?language=English

Webpage:

Offline mode

Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.

*  Uncheck "Work Offline" in the File menu, then try again.

If I then open up NetBeans and try to execute a PHP script, I get the same message as above.

So that says to me, that without MAMP (likely Apache) having Internet access, it acts all retarded and refuses to serve up PHP pages?!  ::)

That makes no sense, because all of my files are local, so even though I'm use a webserver (i.e. MAMP/Apache), it shouldn't need any Internet access.

(I think I asked this question a few years ago, and someone mentioned something about a "Loop-Back Issue"??)  :shrug:

Regardless, this is a real pain, because it means that with a live Internet connection, I can't do any development/testing (e.g. on a plane, at work, etc)

Any ideas what the deal is???

TomTees

What it says is that Firefox is currently in offline mode. Did you try going to the File menu and unchecking the Work Offline option at the bottom of the list?

You're pretty smart.

Someday maybe they'll make you a Global Moderator or something?!  ;)

Thanks,

TomTees

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.