embedding javascript in php

nicecandy

i want to change the content of my div tag dynamically using javascript in PHP. I am using the following technqiue but it is not working.

<?php

echo "<script type='text/javascript'>\n";

echo "document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML = 'contents of div.......';";

echo "</script>";

?>

Plz guide me how can i do this

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nice Candy.

Bit confusing, since you can use javascript/html/cssinterchangeably in the middle of php files it seems to make no sense to echo out javascript commands, why not just do something like the following:

<?php
php code here.....
?>
<script type='text/javascript'>
document.getElementById('mydiv').innerHTML = 'contents of div.......';
</script>
<?php 

more php code here

?>

do you echo your javascript before or after the html?  The way you have inserted the javascript, not in a function or anything like that, it is going to run right when the browser processes it, so if you have it before your div has been parsed then you will get an undefined object.

And Zurev does have a point, I have to assume that this is just a proof of concept type thing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.