Debate Type Box

eharpaz

I have a question regarding how I can make a debate type box that includes a comment section where you can explain your side, as well as a radio button to choose Pro or Con, and a place for name or email. When submit I want the Pro to be on left side and Con on the right.

The best way I can describe it is by showing you a website I found which has what I want.  :confused:http://www.squidoo.com/xbox-vs-playstation

I hope I dont get called out as a newb, I have recently begun learning web design including html, css, js, php, and more but am still learning! :'( If I should be posting in html, css, js, or elsewhere please let me know.

I would just like to know what it takes to build this. From the form itself, to the submit file that separates them to a designated side based on the radio box choice, as well as anything else that I am not thinking of. :shrug:

I will most likely be using this form on my Wordpress Powered website if that changes anything (where the comments get saved to?)

If you took the time to read this I appreciate your time and any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Ciao

Well you can have a comments table within a database with a few fields such as:

Name, email, comment text, side

As far as the form, it's as simple as a form gets, the values get submitted to a php file which contains a database query inserting the information into it's own row in a database.

comment text will have their actual comment, and the side will be pro or con, when displaying the page you have two select statements that retrieve the information from the database, on your left side you have a query that only selects the comments that are pro from the database, and for the right you do the opposite.

Concerning wordpress - http://mashable.com/2007/07/24/wordpress-comments/

I'm sure wordpress forums would have a huge amount of things involving this topic, since you probably wouldn't have to code anything if you used a wordpress plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone would have any idea how to go about creating something like this:

http://www.versus.com/blogs/bobkes-bike-beat/bobkes-beef/

Essentially I want to have a function where people can "agree" or "disagree" with a post but also leave a comment as to why. As you can see from the link above, the comments are sorted into 'yes' and 'no' sections.

I have not found a plugin to do this within wordpress yet and am not sure how to use the wordpress database in order to add this "side" feature

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.