PHP code to Extract data outof API Call

natasha_thomas

Geek Friends,

I have list of URLs in an array called '$domains'

1- I want to run through each and every element of $domains in an API call.

API:

(Note: In this API "http://www.majesticseo.com" will be replaced with each element of $domain array in a loop)

2- The resulting output is XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Result Code="OK" ErrorMessage="" FullError="">

<GlobalVars IndexBuildDate="17/04/2010 16:43:46" MostRecentBackLinkDate="2010-03-25"/>

<DataTables Count="1">

<DataTable Name="Results" RowsCount="1" Headers="ItemNum|Item|ResultCode|Status|ExtBackLinks|RefDomains|AnalysisResUnitsCost|ACRank|ItemType|IndexedURLs|GetTopBackLinksAnalysisResUnitsCost|RefIPs|RefSubNets|RefDomainsEDU|ExtBackLinksEDU|RefDomainsGOV|ExtBackLinksGOV|RefDomainsEDU_Exact|ExtBackLinksEDU_Exact|RefDomainsGOV_Exact|ExtBackLinksGOV_Exact">

<Row>0|majesticseo.com|OK|Found|28381|1229|28381|-1|1|4774|28381|1074|954|1|5|0|0|0|0|0|0</Row>

</DataTable>

</DataTables>
</Result>

I want to extract the below Elements out of this XML Output for each element of $domains in loop:

ACRank

ExtBackLinks

RefDomains

AnalysisResUnitsCost

RefIPs

RefSubNets

RefDomainsEDU

ExtBackLinksEDU

RefDomainsGOV

ExtBackLinksGOV

RefDomainsEDU_Exact

ExtBackLinksEDU_Exact

RefDomainsGOV_Exact

ExtBackLinksGOV_Exact

LastCrawlDate

Title

How can i achieve this with PHP?

P.S.: I have a scrapper code, that will scrape data for the array $domains, it best if we can merge this code with that code, so all run in one code only.

Please Letme know and i will PM you that scrapper Code, as i do not want to share that Publically.

Cheers & Enjoy the Snow  ;D ,

Natasha T

Have you got any code at all? Were not exactly here to write code for people.

Thrope,

I appreciate your concern and point.

Thing is, i can not post the code here as it will be a piece of cake for Scrappers and i strongly believe there are many who can misuse the scrapper as its a wonderful tool in right hand and deadly in wrong.

Thats why i said, i can PM the Codes tho those who are willing to Help.

Thanks for the Understanding.

Cheers

Natasha T

Building your own web scraper, i would consider using a toolbox/library that handles html/xml tags.

as they can get pretty convoluted.

Building your own from scratch, will be specific for certain pages not intended for generalized use. As stated xml/html can get pretty convoluted so will throw off your patterns and such.

<?php
$data=<<<EOF
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Result Code="OK" ErrorMessage="" FullError="">

<GlobalVars IndexBuildDate="17/04/2010 16:43:46" MostRecentBackLinkDate="2010-03-25"/>

<DataTables Count="1">

<DataTable Name="Results" RowsCount="1" Headers="ItemNum|Item|ResultCode|Status|ExtBackLinks|RefDomains|AnalysisResUnitsCost|ACRank|ItemType|IndexedURLs|GetTopBackLinksAnalysisResUnitsCost|RefIPs|RefSubNets|RefDomainsEDU|ExtBackLinksEDU|RefDomainsGOV|ExtBackLinksGOV|RefDomainsEDU_Exact|ExtBackLinksEDU_Exact|RefDomainsGOV_Exact|ExtBackLinksGOV_Exact">

<Row>0|majesticseo.com|OK|Found|28381|1229|28381|-1|1|4774|28381|1074|954|1|5|0|0|0|0|0|0</Row>
<Row>1|majesticseo.com|OK|Found|28381|1229|28381|-1|1|4774|28381|1074|954|1|5|0|0|0|0|0|0</Row>

</DataTable>

</DataTables>
</Result>
EOF;

$data=preg_match_all('@<Row>(.*)?</Row>@',$data,$matches);
$data=array();
foreach($matches[1] as $match)
$data[]=explode('|',$match);
print_r($data);

Thing is, i can not post the code here as it will be a piece of cake for Scrappers and i strongly believe there are many who can misuse the scrapper as its a wonderful tool in right hand and deadly in wrong.

You probably shouldn't be asking for help on a public forum then. Hire someone who knows what they are doing.