question on Google checkout and how to sell downloads

dazzathedrummer

Hi,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place in the forum to post this.

I have a website, I use PHP in various places to pull/push info from/to a mySQL database, i'm fairly happy with PHP and its uses.

I've recently started to use the Google checkout widget on the site for a proposed webstore (to go live at a later date), this has the ability to 'sell' download URL's or keys.

I like the idea of a customer being able to purchase multiple MP3 downloads and them being given a URL that gives them the links for the MP3's selected.

This is probably beyond anything i've ever done with PHP though so I need to understand the architecture........I understand that, given a list of items from the store, I can run a query to display a list of stored URL's  for those items - and I'm sure I can find code that will give me a random URL that will 'expire' after an amount of time.

My question is, how to get the list of items ordered from the google checkout?? I'm sure this has something to do with API's - but I don't know what they are, presumably there is some kind of table in Google that I can tap into to get the product info??

any help would be very much appreciated.

....oh, and i'm sure people are going to ask "why are you using Google checkout", the answer being, for me, it seems simple, effective and free! (but i'm open to suggestions.)

Darren

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.