Creating a Category, SubCategory, Item CMS

spacepoet

Hello:

I would like to create a little CMS that will allow me to create a new Category (a State - one text field), then a Subcategory (A Town - one text field) that can be assigned to a State, and then a Menu Item (With a few text fields, a textarea, and a photo upload) that can be assigned to a Town.

I have made these before with old ASP code but want to start develpoing this in PHP.

I believe I found a demo of a Product Catalog online and worked from there.

Can someone put me in the right direction? Or show me where I can fine a sample of this.

I want to make it so it can be modified or deleted, if needed, but not to delete something if it's assigned to something (like not being able to delete a SubCategory if there are 3 Menu Items assigned to it).

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks!

Hi there:

I'd say I'm stuck on where to begin, I'm just not up on the syntax for PHP.

That's why I'm trying to find a basic demo of code to start from.

I'm finding a lot online via GOOGLE searches, but they have so much going on, I'm hooping to get something basic to learn from and start building from there.

Any ideas?

I can do that, but it's like 6 - 8 or so pages ... do you want to see them?

Attached as a .ZIP file?

I'm beginning to think maybe I should just use the old ASP version, but it would be nice to have something in a much more modern language like PHP.

The way I have been uploading images for it is clumsy, so I'm hoping to make it more user friendly in the process.

Well, thanks much and let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.