SImpleXML Warning

nkosinathi

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have the following code

function traverseXMLNodes($xml) 
{
$xml = stripslashes($xml);
$xml =simplexml_load_string("<div>{$xml}</div>");//This the line that makes errors its line 70

echo 'Displaying contents of XML file...<br />';

print_r($xml);

}

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : xmlParseCharRef: invalid xmlChar value 0 in /home/wwwsend/public_html/postSample_Reply3.php on line 70 (Where i have written This the line that makes errors)

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: yid><eventid>60387073</eventid><numfrom>27826641429</numfrom><receiveddata>&#x0; in /home/wwwsend/public_html/postSample_Reply3.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /home/wwwsend/public_html/postSample_Reply3.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : xmlParseCharRef: invalid xmlChar value 0 in /home/wwwsend/public_html/postSample_Reply3.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ventid>60387073</eventid><numfrom>27826641429</numfrom><receiveddata>&#x0;O&#x0; in /home/wwwsend/public_html/postSample_Reply3.php on line 70

The XML contains an invalid character reference (x0;), which is not allowed in XML 1.0.  Wherever you're getting the $xml string from needs to be fixed in one way or other (using CDATA perhaps if you need the NUL characters, or just by not including the illegal character referencess).

Thanks for trying to help everyone.

I have saved the XML response (Using file save as and remove html) to my localhost and use SimpleXML library on local computer it works fine.

The problem is when i get the response from other server and try to use SimpleXML on the returned XML response. Please i need this finished before end of year my Manager is breathing down my neck.

Thanks again for help

The First URL is http://sendbulksms.co.za/withoutsimplexml.php  This where the server response xml string is displayed (echo XML string) and no use of simplexml library function

The second is http://sendbulksms.co.za/withsimplexmllibrary.php  This where the simplexml library is used. I use the following code

$xml = simplexml_load_string($xml);	

"remove html" meant instead of the  I extracted the XML from the HTML. I then used simplexml_load_file(with the XML from response HTML)  instead of simplexml_load_string on the localhost

Thanks for providing the XML.  It looks like the only problem is that the <receiveddata> elements contain (many) [/tt] which makes it not valid XML.

What you do from here is entirely up to you, but if possible ask the XML provider to fix their XML.  A simple [tt]str_replace() on the XML, to remove those invalid character references, is enough to make SimpleXML happily load the XML.

@salathe I tried  str_replace and it does not fix my problem.

What exactly did you try? Yes, it does fix the problems I've mentioned unless either a) there's something else you're not telling us, or b) you didn't do the correct replacement.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.