Table rows help

adamyork

On my site, I currently have a page that lists my team's fixtures: http://www.cfrclunj.co.uk/fixtures.php

As can be seen, in between each separate month there is a row of blank, grey cells.

I am now updating the site so that it takes all information from a database (for easier update). On my test page (at bottom) I have recreated the fixtures table using my db: http://www.cfrclunj.co.uk/db_test.php

What I am wondering is if there is any way to get the grey monthly separater row into my table. Could this be done by inserting a row of data into the db table that uses an if statement to change it's appearance? Or could I somehow use MYSQL/PHP to make it put a row in for each separate month?

I have to admit my PHP and MYSQL skills are still at a very basic level, and so any help would be great!

You need to group the results into an associative array that will make it easier to loop over and add a break i.e

array('oct 2010' => array(array('05 October','Calvert Smith','6.45pm',Roko'),
                                         array('12 October','Thermal Pigs','7.45pm','Roko'))
         'nov 2010' => array(array('02 November','FC Not A Clue','6.45pm','Roko'),
                                         array('09 November','Inter York','5.45pm','Roko')));

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.