getting matching post values from input fields

terrid25

Hi

I have a form that is to input data from input fields to a table.

The form is as follows:

$query = $DB->query("SELECT country_code, country_id, IF(country_code = '".$country_code."', '', '') AS sel FROM exp_sme_countries WHERE site_id='".$this->settings['site_id']."' ORDER BY country_name ASC");
                            foreach ($query->result as $row)
                            {
                               $options .= '<label>' . 'Phrase for ' . $this->settings['countries'][$row['country_code']] . '</label>' . '<br />';
                               $options .= '<input style="width: 100%; height: 5%;" id="country_data" type="text"  name="country_id[]"  />' . '<br /><br />';
                               $options .= '<input type="hidden"  name="country_data[' . $row['country_id'] . ']" value="'.$row['country_id'].'"  />';
                            }

This outputs:

<input style="width: 100%; height: 5%;" id="country_data" type="text"  name="country_id[]"  />
<input type="hidden"  name="country_data[68]" value="68"  />

<input style="width: 100%; height: 5%;" id="country_data" type="text"  name="country_id[]"  />
<input type="hidden"  name="country_data[28]" value="28"  />

What I need to do, is get the values from the input fields and then match them with the correct hidden field value

So if in the first input field, I typed in 'Test data' and the second input, i typed 'This is great'

On the POST, I need to find the the value ('Test data') and also the value from the hidden field.

So something like:

The text you entered is: Test data with hidden value of 68

The text you entered is: This is great with hidden value of 28

I'd rather not use $_GET as this is a form that inserts data into a database.

Could someone point my in the right direction or provide an example?

Don't give the hidden input an index so it should be the same as the text input:

<input type="hidden"  name="country_data[]" value="68"  />

<input type="hidden"  name="country_data[]" value="28"  />

$text = $_POST['country_id'];
$data = $_POST['country_data'];

foreach($text as $key => $value) {
   echo "The text you entered is: $value with hidden value of " . $data[$key];
}

I don't see the need for the hidden field at all, just use the value as the country_id[...] index -

<input style="width: 100%; height: 5%;" id="country_data" type="text"  name="country_id[68]"  />
<input style="width: 100%; height: 5%;" id="country_data" type="text"  name="country_id[28]"  />

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.