Submit check-box value to MySQL

paymentstv

Hello All,

I am new to PHP and I am trying to modify a already written script since I want to add a checkbox to my site.

In the front end I have

<input type="checkbox" name="privateurlcheck" id="privateurlcheck" value="0">

in the php I have

var privateurlcheck = document.getElementById( "privateurlcheck" ).value

Then in the mysql data insert php page,

$records[channel_protected] = $postData[privateurlcheck] ;

In MySQL "channel_protected" field is "ENUM" with Values '0','1'

When I run the code I see 0 in the MySQL channel_protected field even when I check the checkbox. All other values that are passed on to mysql such as name, age are posted correctly without any issues.

Can you please let me know how can I get 0 or 1 in the mysql depening on the checkbox status?

It is 5AM and I am trying to figure this for 2nd consecutive day! Greatly appreciate if any one can help me out.

If a checkbox is ticked when the page is submitted it will have a value of "on", which is not an acceptable entry in your database. You need to change this to 1.

$records[channel_protected] = ($postData[privateurlcheck]) ? 1 : 0;

So if $postData[privateurlcheck] evaluates to true, it will set $records[channel_protected] to 1. if not, it will be set to 0.

"on" evaluates to true. "" evaluates to false.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.