File last modify date

bohughes1

I’m new to php and would like to put image dates into a table as the images change. I have the following code in my javascript. The intent is to pass a new file name each time it is called.

x[1].innerHTML = "<?php echo date ('F d Y H:i:s.', filemtime($FileName)); ?>";

Now all I get is December 31 1969 19:00:00. Is it possible to pass a $FileName this way?

Bob

Sorry I was not clear. I am not familiar with the terminology. I have a html file using javascript that presents a slide show of several images. I would like to  display the date/time of last modification date along with the file name. My test program and images produced by a camera can be seen here <http://www.treeful.com/webcam/slideshow1.html> I just learned the PHP code" date ('F d Y H:i:s.', filemtime('filename.jpg'))" produces what I need, but do not know how to call a php function from javascript, passing an argument & returning a value. So I was trying this in line code.

The camera detects motion, uploads the images & rotates through 1024 images. Normally I would only run this when no one is  home.

Bob

PS this program is still under development so is not well documented

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.