Subtract date and time from another date and time, display difference.

stangn99

Hey guys,

How would I go about subtracting Today from a previous day to find the difference?

For example, I want to subtract TODAY from a previous date in my database, to determine if the difference is greater than 1 day.

Any ideas? I tried doing the subraction in TIMESTAMPS, but when I convert the date back to Y-m-d H:i:s, I got some weird year and time.

:confused:

<?php
// Create DateTime object with your timestamp
$date = DateTime::createFromFormat("Y-m-d H:i:s", '2010-02-15 15:16:17');
// Calculate the difference between your timestamp and "now"
$interval = $date->diff(new DateTime());
// Get the data stored in the DateInterval
echo $interval->format("Differernce is %d days, %h hours %i minutes and %s seconds.");
?>

Ok..so i'm stuck.

How would I use mysql's DATEDIFF to subtract a date in the database called 'expire' by the current date and time?

This doesn't work:

$result = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM sample WHERE username = '$username' AND DATEDIFF('$today', 'expire'");

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.