Switch an image from GIF to PNG after 5 seconds?

galvin

I have a client who wants to use an animated GIF as his logo.  It's a pretty cool animation but once the animation stops, the "static" logo isn't very clear.  Is there some way (with either PHP or any way really) to have an image be replaced after a certain amount of time (say 5 seconds) with another image?

In other words, when a page loads, the animated GIF will load first and after 5 seconds of that initial animation, the GIF logo will switch to a much clearer PNG logo file.

Yes, I know I should just learn Flash and recreate the animation in Flash, but I don't have that ability right now :)

Thanks everyone!

You don't really need to learn flash, can download animation shop bundled with paintshop pro, should be trial version and do what you need to.

Load the gif into animation shop and replace the last image in the frames with a good one, resave the file as gif and all set.

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-2192_4-7057820&ontId=2192_4&spi=4375e97e2d0be23c0fbd299dd20da4eb&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_dlnow&pid=11207244&mfgId=50098&merId=50098&pguid=WMrIjQoOYJMAACuNxSIAAABH&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2F3001-2192_4-10001995.html%3Fspi%3D4375e97e2d0be23c0fbd299dd20da4eb

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.