Rename Automation..

daxguy

Hello Everyone.. I have a different sort of a question here.. I was looking if its possible to check the no. of files in a folder (wheather they be in any format) and if thts possible can i manupulate those files like renaming them.. like for instance i have 1000 files in a folder nd i wanna rename them all according to sum criteria.. like if there are 300 mp3 songs in a folder..  1st i wanna do i check how many are in the folder exactly.. then i wanna rename each song cuz they have sum extra information of artist on the file name.. like hello darling (alize).mp3 i wanna rename them to hello darling.mp3.. nd i wanna do the same to all the files in that folder.. is der a way i can make this possible..?

1st check the total no. of files in a folder..

renaming each file according using a special symbol.. like if "(" symbol cums up it can explode the name.. nd we can have the correct name in title[0] nd the (alize).mp3 part in title[1].  we can just join title[0].mp3 to get the correct name out of each file..!!

i hope u understand wat i need to doo!!

wud be thankfull if anyone can help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.